2.28.2008

Mobile Technology: Carrying the world on your palms

It's amazing how fast technology has grown..... and it's still growing with great innovations. I am basically writing part of this post from my smart phone: a gift from my darling husband. :)
In the begining, mobile phones were primarily for making calls and sending SMS.
Today, the limits to what one can do with mobile phones are endless. From surfing the web, chatting, texting, watching live tv, listening to music, buying stuff,getting directions, taking pictures and video recording... the list goes on and on.

Mobile technology is literally defining people's live these days, you can't quite leave your home without a phone. Hmmmmn,it's almost as though a part of you is missing.
What's more, mobile phone is not just a necessity, but also a fashion statement. I would be lying if I do not admit that carrying out-dated phone around someone with a much fancier updated smart phone made me feel bad.................
You basically do not want to answer your phone where people are...hahaha I know, 'cause I've done it. That's just the reality of the world we're living in.

Nonetheless, mobile technology has it's downside:
*People are becoming less and less social; less physical interactions with friends and strangers. People are becoming so independent of others, now you don't need to stop by the gas station to ask for direction... the phone does that for you. You're not making new friends in school 'cause you're always on your phone. You loose friends because your texting addiction is incontrollable and annoying....you are on dinner date but can seem to drop your phone for a minute. Breaking-up could not be easier.... just send a text and it's so yesterday.

*You get fired at work for staying on your phone... being less productive at work due to your new addiction: texting and web surfing.

*Spending hundreds of $$$ to stay on top of your game; the average smart phone cost $450 +

Well, let's see where we go from here as technology continues to advance.
Your comments are very welcome... share your story.

4 comments:

  1. uni... I can total relate to this. Mobile phone is fast taking over my life. I can't do without it. It's crazy. I always feel leftout when I'm not with my phone. I love ur blog. keep it up. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.......thanks for sharing this post....

    Trak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post....i like your post.....

    Trak

    ReplyDelete