4.29.2008

"I Can Boldly Say I am a Very Beautiful AFRICAN woman" ---Tonto Dikeh


Tonto dikeh is one of Nollywood's fastest rising starlet..... This screen goddess has acted in several movies including ; Irreplaceable, Divine Grace 2, Rush Hour, Family Disgrace, Fatal Desire, to name a few.... She has worked with a great number of nollywood veterans and newbies .
Recently, I requested an undiluted interview from her and she was kind enough to take out time out of her busy schedule to grant me this lengthy interview..... I basically wanted to cover all areas.... and I got it all... and then some.....Really, I'm grateful.....

Readers enjoy!

Getting to know you:
Uni : : Who is Tonto Dikeh?
Tonto : : Tonto Dikeh is a native of IKWERE, Rivers State, Port-Harcourt. I am the 3rd of five children, I'm a very simple person by nature, cool headed and i love my privacy a lot....

Uni : : What was your growing up like?
Tonto : : My growing up was really fun for me 'cause I had everything and everyone at my beck and call, my dad was always there for me even though my mom passed away while I was still a baby (3yrs old) he made me feel special and so I didn't really feel her absence much with the help of my step mom life growing up was so fun and sometimes I wish I could just turn back the hands of time to be a child again but I guess that's so impossible.............

Uni : : Tell me about your educational background
Tonto : : I had the privilege of attending the best schools in my State (BERETTON PRIMARY AND NURSERY SCHOOL, PH... FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, RUMUOKORO..... RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PH) I'M ACTUALLY IN MY FINAL YEAR NOW, STUDYING PETROL/CHEMICAL ENGR......

Uni : : What do you consider your assets?
Tonto : : I think my eyes and my lips are my strongest assets...

Uni : : Do you think that beautiful girls always have an edge in everything?
Tonto : : Well for me beauty is not all about how you look outwardly alone, it has to do more with your brains and cleanliness and your heart.....I can boldly say I am a very beautiful AFRICAN woman.


Uni : : I read that you were robbed a couple of weeks ago.... I bet it was a terrifying experience. Are you still being haunted by it?
Tonto : : OOOh yes I was robbed and believe me I still have not gotten over it yet, I now have this strong phobia for driving. It's an experience I never want to go through again....

Uni : : What is your relationship status----- I know the guys want to know that... :-)
Tonto : : I am a very single woman but I am in a relationship, you know how these things go, you are never sure until you are sure.....

Acting : :
Uni : : I feel you girl.....:) Okay, let's get into acting.... What inspired you to get into acting?
Tonto : : My inspiration to act came to me at a very young age, I would rather say my inspiration came from within and also from watching people do what I love to do....and also from GOD....

Uni
: : How did your parents first react when they heard you were getting into acting?
Tonto : : My father more especially wasn't to happy about it 'cause he thought it was a big derivation from my discipline in school but i did have along talk with him and he understood that my heart was really yearning for it and he let me be with these words ''WHAT EVER YOUR HEART CHOOSES TO GO FOLLOW IT BUT BE RESPONSBILE ABOUT IT''.....
Uni : : While growing up, was acting something you always wanted to do?
Tonto : : Yes I had always wanted to act as a child.....

Uni : : Given an opportunity, what is the first thing you change in Nollywood?
Tonto : : If I were given the opportunity, I will love to give people the chance to show case their different talents in acting and something we really don't do....

Uni : : Do you watch movies you star in?
Tonto : : Of course, yes. I do watch the movies I star in, it helps me pick out my flaws and fix them. I basically learn a lot from them....

Uni : : Do you feel like you've been challenged enough in your movie roles?
Tonto : : I have not really felt challenged enough in movies, but I know I will 'cause our writers are really doing a wonderful job....

Uni : : I see most actors often get stereotypical roles....you just know what do expect from them.... what's your view on that?
Tonto : : Well I really don't think its their fault, its the script they are been given. It basically has to do with the producer, for instance they watch your movie and they are impressed in the role you played there, they all come back to give you a similar role 'cause what they had seen previously was good.....
Uni : : Is there a role you wouldn't portray?
Tonto : : I don't think so, as a thespian I think its my duty to be versatile in my acting....

Uni : : Well said!....In the same light, Are you comfortable with kissing roles?
Tonto : : OOh yes I am very comfortable kissing in movies, not because I like it, but because I love to give my best and portray the character I'm playing.....

Uni : : How do you get your roles? Do you have to audition for roles?
Tonto : : No, I have never been to an audition before, I just get calls and when I get the script I go through them and if its a good one I do it.....

Uni : : Do you easily get along with other actresses/ actors on/off the set?
Tonto : : I am a very free spirited and careful person and so, I do talk and get along with my colleagues at work and off work when its necessary...

Uni : : Are there any Nollywood actors/actresses you look up to or get inspired by their work?
Tonto : : Sadly enough, I don't have anyone I look up to or get inspired by, but I do have a handful of them I admire.

Uni : : What is your next step in advancing your acting career and is there any other job you'd like to venture into?
Tonto : : Yes I do have a lot of things I would like to do but I would not talk about them until am ready to execute them

Uni : : I totally get that... Now, a lot of your colleagues get into scandal quite often.... how do you stay above all that?
Tonto : : I try to stay out of the face of the public always and I am a very conscious person.

Uni : : Are you currently working with an NGO?
Tonto : : Co-incidentally am working on an NGO at the moment....

Uni : : What charity would you like to support and why?
Tonto : : I would love to help the motherless babies because am also a motherless baby but I didn't get to feel all the pains of that because I have a wonderful father and step mom.....

Uni : : What is your definition of beauty and do you think you're beautiful?
Tonto : : I am one of those few people who see beauty differently, for me beauty is not just on the outward. It has to do with both the outward and the inward; beauty is brains and cleanliness, its good manners and composition.... AND YES I AM, A VERY BEAUTY AFRICAN WOMAN.....



Uni : : How would you describe you fashion sense?
Tonto : : I WOULD DESCRIBE MY SENSE OF FASHION AS AVERAGE,I don't really wear the regular clothes, I love clothes with names and simple and very sexy ones...

Uni : : If you are to attend an award show, what is the one item that you must have in your clutch bag?
Tonto : : The one thing I must have in my clutch bag on any outing is MONEY...

Uni : : Good answer... I mean.... Money comes in handy all the time, 'cause you never knew where/when you might find yourself stranded....
Okay moving on..... Are you into Naija fashion?
Tonto : : OOh yes... I am the best fan of 9ja fashion....

Uni : : What do you think about the Nigerian fashion industry?
Tonto : : I think the 9ja fashion is very a good and strong one, for me it gives me the opportunity to express, feel and share my culture...I am really proud of the 9ja fashion industry.....


Uni : : By the way you have a beautiful skin. Do you have any beauty secrets you'd like to share?
Tonto : : Do I really have a beautiful skin? Anyways thanks for the compliment. I do nothing really. I just eat healthy so as to prevent out burst, I eat a lot of vegetables and I also take a lot of water, I don't go to bed with my make-up on and i don't spoil my skin with crème that would bleach my skin.....

Uni : : Oh yes you do.... It's obvious on the pictures and your confidence in the shots..... By the way, are you picky on clothes?
Tonto : : I am a very picky person when it comes with my clothes...

RELAXATION....

Uni : : When you need to take a break from work and all the hustle, where do you go to relax?
Tonto : : When am away from work I really love to stay at home and chill...

Uni : : What do you like to do for fun?
Tonto : : Fun for me is my privacy, I love to have me time because I am not much of an outgoing person.....

Uni : : Do you like clubbing?
Tonto : : Clubbing is not really my thing but of course i do club occasionally....

Uni : : Do you often get mobbed by fans on the streets and how do you handle crazy fans?
Tonto : : I have been mobbed before by my fans, but I wasn't rude I talked and laughed with them, I mean its only natural that I should expect such.....

Uni : : Any final word to your fans?
Tonto : : I WOULD LOVE TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY FANS, I DO WHAT, I DO BECAUSE OF Y'ALL. I LOVE Y'ALL FROM THE DEPTH OF MY HEART....

Uni : : Thank you beautiful.... for this interview and I wish you success in all your endeavors.

Always stop by and drop your comments @ http://unyiverze.blogspot.com Thank you.

12 comments:

  1. Okay I know her from one movie and I think she is cute. I loved the interview the only part I disagree with is that the writers in Nigeria are doing a good job... unless of course we are not watching the same movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. u said thanks to all ur fans but i was expecting to hear u say a LARGE thank u to ADA ARONU of ADASLIM PRODUCTIONS who first brought u into d movie industry and gave u ur first movie role ever which is SECRET PAIN 1 & 2.
    I agree wit u dat u ve never been to an audition but u never mentioned dat happened bcos of d opportunity that ADASLIM gave u and also introduced u to her fellow producers.
    TONTO, i was in d same sch wit u and i know u as a fake girl, but i expect some degree of modesty now dat u r becoming a movie star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TONTO !!!!!!!!!!!u said thanks to all ur fans but i was expecting to hear u say a LARGE thank u to ADA ARONU of ADASLIM PRODUCTIONS who first brought u into d movie industry and gave u ur first movie role ever which is SECRET PAIN 1 & 2.
    I agree wit u dat u ve never been to an audition but u never mentioned dat happened bcos of d opportunity that ADASLIM gave u and also introduced u to her fellow producers.
    TONTO, i was in d same sch wit u and i know u as a fake girl, but i expect some degree of modesty now dat u r becoming a movie star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Anonymous, Well all i can say i that you are a hater when there is nothing to hate. She is gorgeous and obviously have got what you have not. If she did not say thanks to her fans who have appreciated her and got her to where she is then i personally would think she is ungrateful. It is an interview and mentioning individuals now is unnecessary, anyways judging from your statement you have a bone to pick and you are very sore. Too bad !!!! Tonto you go girl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh you guys need to leave Tonto Dike alone. the girl is just doing what she love doing best. if this Ada girl is complaining about Tonto why are you? I have been on other website and hear so many nast things about her.How she is a slot, a fake etc. Please you guys should leave this girl alone. Do your thing Tonto Dike don't pay attention to all the haters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. excuse my erro i meant to say if Ada is NOT complaing about Tonto why are you complaning about her?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky, u r not part of the industry ,u r not, u r just a fan mayb Tonto's fan so keep ur mouth shut on an issue u dont know ...dont dabble we know Ada and Tonto too well, Ada is a big gir....a producer / executive producer also the MD/CEO of ADASLIM PRODUCTIONS LTD , Tonto was a nollywood wannabe ( forget d fact dat she has really come up) so u dont expect someone at ADA'S level to have time for this kind of mushroom gossip, she may not even know dat Tonto has never appreciated her help... but am a crusader i hate it wen pple are desperate and they approach d big shots, the moment they come into limelight they dont care to give credit to d same person who helped them. Tonto is nowhere close to Dbanj's stardom but Dbanj will never say anything without appreciating Don Jazzy dats wat i call LOYALTY well its so hard to find among women. Tonto goes abt talking abt AMACO bcos she was sleeping wit him and udoubtely gave her a lot of movie roles dat brought her into limelight but dats not why she will lie abt d fact that she doesnt rember dat her first film was SECRET PAIN by Ada Aronu...i know wat its only bcos AMACO is a bigger name tha ADASLIM or Tonto is simlpy too jealous of Ada as a young entrepreneur who is bent on bringing out new talents. Ada is one of the youngest female producers in the industry and Tonto culd b too proud to identify with someone abt her age she simply wants the big shots like AMACO to b identified with her....i gat to stop here cos am really mad. wish i had ADA's contact so i could forward her Tonto's interview.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous.....i also need ADA's contact to forward her d mail too cos i ve investigated this gossip and u r right.
    Vicky!!!! this is my proof for supporting anonymous.....i read one of Tonto's interview and she said her first film was Holy Cross from AMACO , she went further to say her first film had artistes like Pete Edochie, Desmond Elliot, Nkiru Sylvernus, Larry Coldsweat ( more big names , as Tonto likes big names) i went and checked Holly Cross and d only artistes ifrom this list that i saw there was Pete Edochie, right then another school of thought ..hahhaha in favour of ADA said that Tonto's first film was Secret Pain by Ada Aronu, i went and checked this film and it has exactly the names of Pete , Desmond, nkiru, Larry, so who is telling the truth it simply means that Tonto is a liar and an ungrateful and disloyal rat, but tell her that what goes around comes around.Go and confirm this information and come bak b4 saying wat u dont know

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey my people o please do not insult me simply because i express my opinion about how i feel about this whole Tonto Dike's wahala. I am accountable to my own opinion. Your just need to let the girl be. HATERS HATERS HATERS. Your just jealous b/c the babe fine pass you. Wetin be yor problem? Tonto don reach Nollywood, abeg na jealously wey dey eat u inside body? For your information though i don't know her my cousin Adama use to be friend with one of her siblings and even atteneded the same primary school in Port horcourt. You don't have to see a person face 2 face to write your opinion about them. LEAVE TONTO ALONE. Again Ada is not complaining what is bitting you people?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 hell with u Anonymous January 16, 2009 6:20 AM!!!!what d u gain from hatred and jealousy? this ADA ARONU of ADASLIM PRODUCTIONS wahala is she pay u to do all this nonsense?

      Delete
  11. adaslim rocks tonto dike rocks too, they are two great powerful friends, abeg make una no use una internet bad belle jam their heads

    ReplyDelete