4.09.2008

My Jewelry Creationz

And Yes! I design jewelries too. I always knew I had some creativity in me......but Jewelry designing? While living in New York, I would go Manhattan to shop for jewelry findings, tools and semi-precious stones for my sister who lives in Abuja-Nigeria. Little did I know that one day, I would be going to shop for jewelry stuff for myself.


Well, during one of my naija trips, I relunctantly watched my sister as she custom-designed some pieces for her clients. She showed me the basics of handcrafted beads jewelry making and told me that the creativity/design part comes from within.... and so, I picked my pen and paper and started sketching my first piece..... then, I measured and cut a stringing wire for the first time and the rest is history....


Got back to NY and started designing and supplying jewelries to some clients and boutiques..... I love the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment I feel each time I successfully put together a piece.... One thing though.... it's too much of back bending (:-)


Since I moved to Tyler, TX I've not been able to do much.... since I have to drive all the way to dallas to get the findings and all the stuff needed.


Here are some of my first pieces:
























Swaroswki crystal is my signature.... Most of my pieces are a combination of semi-precious stones and swaroswki crystal.... you won't quite see the luminous effect it creates on the jewelries... but I tell you, they BLING!*****!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like them. thank you.Currently in school for my mba... So I'm currently not able to accept any orders at the moment.

    ReplyDelete