4.30.2008

Teen Professor of our time



They say; "wonders shall never end"...... In the case of Alia Sabur it is true....and the moment I heard about her story.... I said to myself that she really deserves a spot on my blog.... she is the real celebrity... with brains that is. Alia Sabur is a child genius who started reading at 8 months old....Finished her elementary school at age 5....went off to college at 10....Stony Brook University (by the way, I did 2 semesters at stony brook UNI; who doesn't want to be associated with positive things? :-))....Alia got her BS in Applied Mathematics --summa cum laudeƩ at the age 14......(at that age, like every other regular person, I was still in high school....trying to memorize the first 20 atomic elements).....Alia Sabur went on to pursue her Masters/PHD in Materials Science and Engineering and earned both at age 18 from Drexel University....She has received several prestigious awards and fellowships from the Department of Defense, NSF, GAANN.
At 19, she is the world's youngest Professor.....This kid is not just academic savvy....but also a musical genius...she has been an orchestra member, chamber artist and soloist since her early teen.
Really, I don't know what's left for this super-human to accomplish at such a young age......It's like she's been setting records from her first cry as a baby....I wonder if she really spent up to a day as baby... I mean ....she's been at the speed of light all her life......Oh well....all I can say is wow! well done...Alia Sabur!

No comments:

Post a Comment